WHAT IS INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE?
Much more than just a simple head massage this treatment works over the upper back, shoulders, upper arms, neck, scalp and finishes with the face whilst the clients remains seated. The head more than any other part of our body represents who we are. It is the centre of our nervous system and home to our identity and intelligence. The chakra at the top of our head, the Crown Chakra is the one we used to communicate with our higher self so if our head feels good, we feel good.
In Western culture we spend much of our time in our heads, so this treatment really helps to calm the mind and is deeply relaxing. Working with a firm and gentle rhythm it helps to relieve muscular discomfort and tension, melting knots away and promotes clearer thinking. No oils are used in class, but you can use them if you choose to enhance the treatment.
This treatment can be adapted to provide a 10 minute to 30 minute treatment. It is a popular add on to the Natural Lift Facial Massage Course and can be combined and adapted with full body massage. Most of the techniques can also be used on yourself as a valuable self care massage! Also wonderful simply to use in the home for friends and family.
BENEFITS OF INDIAN HEAD MASSAGE
• Lowers stress and anxiety
• Relieves tension, headaches
• Eases neck and back pain
• Boosts immune system
• Lowers blood pressure
• Assists lymphatic drainage
• Improves sleep quality and relaxation
• Generates more flexibility and joint mobility
• Increases productivity and concentration
COURSE CONTENT & WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
• What is Indian Head Massage?
• How does it work?
• Benefits of the treatment
• Contraindications/Restrictions to Massage
• Anatomy & Physiology
• Your working environment
• Consultation including contra-indications
• Contra-actions/ aftercare advice
• Hygiene and Professionalism
• Professional effects
• The Indian Head Massage routine
• Course runs from 11am — 5pm
• Only 8 students are allowed, offering one to one attention
• An extensive manual with everything you need to know is provided on the day
• DVD of the course techniques for purchase at £10
• Complimentary Anatomy & Physiology manual worth £10
• Complimentary Gateway therapist accounts package after you complete the course worth £10
Everything you need to learn for this treatment is included in this course.
Entry Requirement: — Anatomy & Physiology
Indian Head Massage is a perfect 'starter' course for individuals who are just beginning their therapy career, as well as a useful addition to the established therapist's range of skills, including Reiki Practitioners, Holistic Therapists, Beauty Therapists and Spa technicians. It is also perfect to use with family and friends and does not require any extra equipment so wonderfully practical and easy to offer at any stage.
THIS COURSE IS ACCREDITED & INSURABLE WITH A NUMBER OF AWARDING BODIES
CTHA, Guild of Holistic Therapists, Embody, BABTAC, ABT- Associated Beauty Therapists, Towergate.
THIS COURSE IS AWARDED 5-13 CPD POINTS
(Depending who you are affiliated with as all are different)
COST OF COURSE & BOOKING
(£40.00 Deposit — balance of £90 to be paid direct to the tutor 21 days prior to course date).
For more information, go to gatewayworkshops.com